Sunday, July 26, 2009

Visiting Table Tennis Clubs

Visiting Table Tennis Clubs

There are quite a few Table Tennis clubs in New Jersey and
in the New York vicinity. I will be going to some of these clubs
in the near future and I will report on how these clubs are
doing, whether they are for beginners, intermediate, or
advanced and what type of equipment they have, along with
tournaments you can join or follow.
One of the clubs I have been to is the Westfield Table Tennis
club, better known as the New Jersey Table Tennis Club.

The New Jersey Table Tennis Club is located at 226 North Ave.
West in Westfield, New Jersey. The club is on the second floor
and is open every evening, 7 days a week 365 days a year.
The club is available for beginners to National Champions.
I'm glad I had the chance to see David Zhuang, the New Jersey
Table Tennis champion play a match. Have you ever seen a
service ace in table tennis. Well he did it against a very strong
player. David's serving style is a little unusual in that he
tosses the ball very high, well over his head and then strikes
it when it comes down. I guess the theory there is that the
ball will be traveling faster when it comes down from a greater
height so he can get more speed on his serve. This particular
club offers coaching for beginners and advanced players a
like. They also have tournaments for every level of player.
Even if you do not have a partner come on down anyway,
there will probably be players of your strength to play. I
played in two tournaments at the NJTTC and did not fair very
well, but it was a good experience and one that I will
remember. Most of the beginner and intermediate
tournaments are round robin. This means that you get to play
at least three games and are not eliminated if you lose one
game. I was very thankful for this. I will write some more
about this club and other clubs around the New York -
New Jersey area in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment