Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Website - Sportsvite

New Website for athletes to find partners they can play and
clubs they can join.

I found a new Website, called Sportsvite, through my e-mail.
This is a very interesting site because they help you find
partners to play in whatever sport you want. You can name
the region where you are available to play in and you set up
a profile of what sports you would like to play. Through your
profile Sportsvite will match you with players of your own
strength and also in your vicinity. A problem with the site
that I noticed so far is for those of us in New Jersey they tend
to give you players and clubs from New York. I set up a
profile giving table tennis, tennis, bowling, and badminton as
the sports I like. Sportsvite gives me players who fit these categories and also who are my age and ability.
Sportsvite has given me mostly players and clubs from New
York. There are many tennis clubs, bowling clubs, and
basketball teams you can join. I found a fellow table tennis
player from the next town from where I live. I sent him an
e-mail but I have had no response. Sometimes it takes a
little digging and a little time before you find something or
someone who are compatible with your own schedule.
Today I sent an e-mail to a 62 year old man from Hackensack
who listed himself as an average table tennis player. I am
hoping that we can get together either at Fair Lawn or some
other club. I would also like to hear from anyone reading my
blog who would like to play in a club or in the North Arlington
vicinity.
The URL for Sportsvite is http://newyork.sportsvite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment